Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Reflecting on two years of Community Mediation

Most people connected with the Center know that I will be leaving at the end of this month, to move with my family to Pittsburgh. This transition has caused me to reflect on my experiences here at the Center. This has been a time of tremendous personal and professional growth for me. I have had so many positive experiences, but I want to take this space to mention two things in particular that will stay with me forever.

The first is the incredible spirit of volunteerism I have seen at the Center. Our volunteers show such dedication and enthusiasm in their connection with the Center and its clients. Many of our volunteers juggle our cases with their full-time jobs and family responsibilities. Many others use precious time from their well-earned retirement to give back to the community by volunteering here. And another large group of volunteers goes above and beyond – not just mediating cases – but also doing community facilitation work, coaching at our mediation training classes, serving on committees, and helping with events and work around the office. The Community Mediation Center is so lucky to have them all.

Second, I have been fortunate to work with a great group of staff and Americorps volunteers. Everyone working here embodies the spirit of the best community organizations – doing so much with limited resources; always thinking creatively about expanding our capacity to serve clients; working together to provide the highest level of customer service to our clients; and helping our volunteers be their most effective in helping us. I will take away with me much that I have learned from each individual here – about how to be the best mediator I can be, about how to always take the unexpected step to help others, and about how to be a great team! Thanks to all my colleagues for making me a better person.

Judi Teeter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

each time i used to read smaller content which also
clear their motive, and that is also happening
with this post which I am reading now.

Also visit my website; freewinrarpasswordremover.com, ,