Monday, March 05, 2007

Greetings!

I am so happy to be part of the dedicated team at the Community Mediation Center.

As a volunteer for the last few years, I have had the opportunity to work with this amazing staff and team from the volunteer prospective. Their passion and dedication inspired me so much that when the full time opportunity to be part of the team arose, I quickly jumped at the chance.

I have now been at the center for over a week and realize how much they accomplish with such a small staff. This is due also to the great team of volunteers and a dedicated Board. In the past week I have met many of you and look forward to meeting more. I truly want to hear your ideas and thank you personally for all you do for the center.

I want to especially thank Karen Richards for her tremendous patience during my transition. I am learning so much and appreciate her sharing her knowledge and experience about mediation and the center. I know the staff definitely admires and appreciates her. She is a highly respected leader and a true role model for the staff and volunteers.

I look forward to seeing you at the center and encourage those who have not volunteered to mediate for the center in a while to do so. We rely on our volunteers and thank you again for everything you do to so support the Community Mediation Center.

Kim Humphrey
Executive Director

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The "welcome" party was great. Thanks for taking on such a rowdy, but passionate, staff!