Thursday, November 13, 2008


Life at the CMC

I have been with the Community Mediation Center for several months now, and I truly believe that teamwork and the people that one is granted the privilege of calling co-workers make the difference between working a job and developing a career.

The people I work with come from diverse backgrounds and cultures but we all manage to put our differences to the side and make a team that is both beneficial and rewarding for both our volunteer mediators as well as our cliental.

I believe that this is the secret ingredient to a thriving workplace; teamwork, reliability, empathy - and the ability to say its ok to dress up as a mime or Gilligan, or even Batgirl when you come to work. These are characteristics that you won’t find many places, and if you do, then it is a true gem you have found and should cherish. I have enjoyed my time here with the CMC and look forward to working with this fun, creative, and diverse group of people for many more years to come.

-Chaniece Winfield

No comments: